Tired of having to type out the same commands again and again? Newbs to your server to lazy too type /rules? Help is at hand!
Just add the text '[command]' to the top of a sign and put any commands you like on the next 3 lines. Players can then right-click the sign to instantly run those commands. Any command that can be run in chat normally can be run through these signs. Note also that normal permissions for the player using the sign are not effected.
To make the player using the sign say something, use a backslash (\) rather than a forward slash. You can make the player say multiple things using this syntax: [command]
[command] can now be replaced by the text of your choice. Square brackets must still surround the title and custom titles must be prefixed by '**' (this is to prevent conflict with other plugins as well as to leave space for the colour tag)
@ followed by either a player's name or a permissions group restricts commands following to that player/group (does not support inheritance for permission groups). This may be used multiple times on a sign to make the sign have different effects for different groups.
using /*command in place of /command runs that one command as the imaginary user '/CommandSigns'. Add /CommandSigns to your permissions file as if it were any other user (or make /CommandSigns an op) to define what permission level this simulates. The '/' is just to ensure there can't be an actual player with the same name. In this way it is possible to allow commands to be run through signs that players would not be able to use in chat.
- /command - runs a command as the player using the sign
- /*command - runs a command as the fictional user #CommandSigns
- @player/group - commands following (up to the next @) are limited to that player/group.
- \message - prints in chat
- <NAME> / <X> / <Y> / <Z> - replaced with the using players name/x/y/z-coord on running.
- [title] - use on the first line in place of [command] to customise the title of the sign